Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reports To: Executive Committee
Position Focus: The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the firm. Assists the Executive Committee and Partner in Charge of Operations (PiCO) in management strategy and contributes to the development of the firm’s strategic goals. Serves as an integral member of the Executive Committee.
Role: Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the firm, the COO provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the firm has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the firm.
• Responsible for advising the Executive Committee and PiCO on financial planning, budgeting, client retention, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external.
• Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the firm.
• Oversee the Department Leaders handling of daily operations and administrative processes of all departments.
• While working in conjunction with the Department Leaders, insure optimum staff utilization and development in delivering quality client service.
• Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
• Collaborates with the Executive Committee to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel.
• Serves as a Development Advisor to higher-level administrative and operational staff members.
• Motivates and leads a high performance team of partners, CPAs and managers.
• Act as “lead administrative officer” through direct contact with every staff member of the administrative team.
• Oversees the goals, efforts, direction and priorities of the IT Department.
• Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the firm.
• Represents the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Business or Accounting Degree from a 4 year college or university is required
• CPA Preferred
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior management role with both external and internal financial management responsibilities in a high-growth firm.
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing firm.
• Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
• Ability to act as an entrepreneurial team player with ability to juggle multiple priorities.
• Self-reliant and results-oriented.
• Must be able to positively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to operate as an effective strategic thinker.
• Possess and passion for Saville’s mission, vision and core values.