Title: Experienced Internal Audit Staff or Internal Audit Senior
Classification: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Hours Required: 40 hours per week; hours not to exceed 55 – 60 per week during busy season periods
The primary responsibilities for this position relate to internal audit engagements for our clients. The secondary responsibilities relate to external audit and consulting engagements, as needed. The scope of internal audit engagements is primarily comprised of co-sourced internal audit functions for publicly traded companies seeking to comply with SEC regulations.
Key Responsibilities: Internal Audit Engagements
• Plan engagements that are tailored for each client.
• Perform control testing, or the review of control tests, for client engagements.
• Identify unmitigated risks, gaps in control design and operating effectiveness, and assist management with identification of process issues and the development of remediation plans.
• Provide frequent status and analysis to our clients and internally on the status of controls and issues identified. Provide evidential support as needed.
• Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with client personnel, colleagues, and external auditors.
• Prepare formal written reports, expressing feedback on the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal control system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out
• Maintain a current understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, PCAOB Standards, and other relevant guidance issued by regulators.
• Travel 10% – 25%, depending on client activities
Key Responsibilities: External Audit and Consulting Engagements
• Know and understand the firm’s policies and procedures
• Possess a working knowledge of firm technology, audit preparation, and time and billing software
• Perform or lead client engagements, which include planning, executing, directing and supervising audit staff to complete audit engagements
• Begin to develop generally accepted accounting principles and SEC accounting and reporting rules, where applicable, and financial statement presentation
• Obtain a thorough understanding of AICPA and generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques
• Supervise, train, mentor, and evaluate staff and interns on the audit process as needed
• Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues
• Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business
• Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements
• Begin to demonstrate the ability to obtain new clients
• Perform other job related duties as necessary
• 2 to 5 years of experience in internal audit working either in public practice or directly for a business in its internal audit function.
• Understand internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform and report on the evaluation of various business processes, areas, functions
• Self-starter, ability to work independently
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
• Business knowledge skills to present ideas and obtain management buy-in for value-added recommendations or constructive change
• Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices
• Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting
• Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley and how it relates to internal auditing
• Ability to perform multiple projects and work with team members and varying individuals while performing audits
• Analytical, detailed, problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
• CPA or CIA designation, or in the pursuit thereof
Please send inquiries and resumes to Jon Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org