Saville, Dodgen & Company (Saville), is a Certified Public Accounting Firm based in Dallas, Texas. Our mission is to deliver personal service while passionately exceeding the expectations of our clients, our people and our communities. Our reputation is based on our values of trust, performance excellence, and passion for helping. Saville has been ranked as one of the top 25 accounting firms in Dallas/Fort Worth by the Dallas Business Journal and has been recognized as a “Best Accounting Firm to Work For” by Best Companies Group. We offer great opportunities for ambitious, career-minded professionals looking to grow with our firm from intern to future partner.
Tax Interns will gain wide-range exposure to the public accounting field by working with staff, seniors, managers, and partners. Initially, they are given less complex tax assignments. As they gain experience, they are given more difficult assignments and greater responsibilities.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or master’s accounting degree with sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification.
- 0 years’ experience in a public accounting firm
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work 30-40 hours per week. Overtime hours may be achieved as well during busy season. Saville is willing to be flexible with interns’ school schedules if needed.
Internship Functions & Objectives
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Understand the rules, regulations, and code of professional conduct of the AICPA.
- Obtain exposure to the types of tax engagements offered by the firm.
- Obtain a working knowledge of tax research techniques and the various research sources in the firm library.
- Become familiar with the firm technology, tax software, and time and billing software.
- Become familiar with the firm standards for paperwork preparation.
- Prepare individual tax returns under the supervision of more experienced staff.
- Become proficient in the preparation of individual and other tax returns prepared by the firm.
- Obtain a general knowledge of the practice of public accounting and providing client services.
- Become proficient in research of moderately complex individual tax issues.
- Become familiar with the pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the senior accountants, managers, orpartners.