This position requires the ability to simultaneously handle a broad range of responsibilities, from basic responsibility for file maintenance to communication with outside parties supporting tax and financial issues.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Update/maintain internal database with taxpayer details
2. Direct responsibility for the inflow, outflow, and retention of information to and from our clients and other departments within our firm
3. File electronic tax returns, providing regular status update
4. Collate, assemble and proof tax returns
5. Internal communication and coordination with other departments in the firm
6. Process, file and track tax returns and deliveries
7. Data Entry
8. Utilization of proprietary software
9. Correspond with clients by mail, e-mail, phone and in person
10. Assist with organizing documents, filing and related administrative tasks
11. Additional projects and tasks related to tax returns and processing
12. Reception/Front Desk coverage/relief
13. Anything that may come from the direct request of the Leadership team
1. Knowledge of Records and Tax Processing operations and procedures.
2. Computer proficient in MS Office.
3. Consistently demonstrates professional demeanor and presentation
4. Exhibits superior verbal and written communication skills
5. Displays high energy approach and pro-active mindset
6. Sound judgement and problem-solving ability
7. Exhibits exceptional customer service skills and responsiveness
8. Ability to multi-task and effectively perform project execution within assigned deadlines
9. Demonstrates ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
10. Respect for confidential and highly sensitive material
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and copiers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., for a total of 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School Diploma required.
2. 0-2 years of administrative, filing, tax returns, and relevant experience.